Direto XR problems with ERG mode

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

mitjagodec

Re: Direto XR problems with ERG mode

Postby mitjagodec » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:10 am

aa
Last edited by mitjagodec on Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cregraley

Postby cregraley » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:18 pm

I'm experiencing very similar issues to others here when using ERG mode in zwift (yet to try on the Elite app). I bought the trainer a couple of weeks ago and I did a ramp test alongside a friend today on a zwift meetup, and looking at the ride data after this on the zwift companion app, whilst his power accurately tracks each 20w step, mine is all over the place with large variations across each step. This doesn't tally with my perceived level of effort (which felt "consistent" on each ramp), but does reflect the watts reading bouncing about quite rapidly on the live 3w average value on zwift during the ramp test. My partner has a similar experience when she did a ramp test a few days ago and I remember her commenting on how wild the power readings were given how smooth her pedalling felt.

I did try to calibrate the trainer in both zwift and the elite training app after this but couldn't get either to work. Power smoothing is/was set at 2.

I also checked for firmware updates and got a similar screen to recent posters just stating the serial/model number of my unit.

Should I be complaining/raising this with elite via another avenue as this doesn't feel like a usable level of performance for a trainer out of the box, regardless of price?

Thanks

mitjagodec

Postby mitjagodec » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:12 pm

aa
Last edited by mitjagodec on Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BelgianFlandrien

Postby BelgianFlandrien » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:33 am

Good news! I just got a reply from Elite on my support-ticket:
Good Morning
I inform you that we have released for all Europe the update for Direto XR that will give a more stable reactivity/power on ERG Mode training
You will just need to run Upgrado and run the firmware Upgrade

I just checked, and apparently we went from version 067 to 073 :)
Curious to test it out this evening :-D
Attachments
upgrado.png
upgrado.png (48.65 KiB) Viewed 18401 times

guiperpt

Postby guiperpt » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:11 pm

No firmware update on mine :? It shows still version 67

Just to add some extra context, also having similar issues, on ERG mode, the watts are all around. Even when keeping the cadency, with ERG set at 220W, I see fluctuations between 180 and 260W way more than I would like to.

Changing the smoothing of the power from 2 to 6 definitely improved the situation as it's not a concern for me, but probably it's delayed the readings by a small amount.

Keep us updated on the firmware changes / improvements.

BelgianFlandrien

Postby BelgianFlandrien » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:18 pm

Hmm, thats strange.
And where are you from? Because, right before they told me the new firmware was released, they asked me from which country I was. Maybe they are rolling it out country per country?

guiperpt

Postby guiperpt » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:35 pm

BelgianFlandrien wrote:Hmm, thats strange.
And where are you from? Because, right before they told me the new firmware was released, they asked me from which country I was. Maybe they are rolling it out country per country?

I'm in Czech Republic. Where are you based? Belgium? I can try to change it if it's possible.

BelgianFlandrien

Postby BelgianFlandrien » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:41 pm

guiperpt wrote:
BelgianFlandrien wrote:Hmm, thats strange.

I'm in Czech Republic. Where are you based? Belgium? I can try to change it if it's possible.

Belgium indeed :-D

enesto

Postby enesto » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:58 pm

Hi,
really curious to check it out later this afternoon...
Thanks for the update @BelgianFlandrien!!

Cheers.
E.

BelgianFlandrien

Postby BelgianFlandrien » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:30 pm

Okay, I just did a test-workout (in zwift) with the new firmware, very happy with the result.

At first the trainer was completely locked, making it impossible to turn the crank, but once Zwift turned off ERG I was able to start spinning.
After a couple of seconds ERG was being re-enabled and from then on everything was so much better than before.

No more fluctuations of +-60watt, no mix of all power-zone colors in Zwift, ...
Still not quite as stable as my previous Wahoo Kickr Snap, but I guess this one just added a lot of smoothing since it was a wheel-on.
Attachments
zwift_XR_V073.png
zwift_XR_V073.png (11.46 KiB) Viewed 18336 times

Return to “Direto, Direto X, Direto XR”