Direto XR not calibrating

General discussions on Elite trainers

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

john_hutton1

Direto XR not calibrating

Postby john_hutton1 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:30 pm

Hi,

New to the forum, so first question.

Bought a Direto XR, arrived yesterday after upgrading from my muin B+, however...I can't get it to calibrate.

Done a quick ride on Zwift yesterday after putting the bike on but the power was way down on what I was doing before with the Muin B+ with garmin vector pedals, so though best to calibrate it.

Updated the firmware with upgrade to 073, but everytime I try to calibrate, I pedal as requested, then never seem to reach the speed before it says stop pedalling, then a very long wait and a screen message calibration failed message appears.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

florian.woelfl86

Re: Direto XR not calibrating

Postby florian.woelfl86 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:30 pm

which wheel extent did you set?

As suggested in the manual --> wheel_extent(2150 for 28-622) / 12.1 = value_to_set (178) I never reach the speed... only about 3-4 kph (km/h)

So i typed like the default value 2150 and here it goes. Referred to my chosen gear it fits.

I also have an Direto XR - quite new and still calibrating (with my Mac the ANT+ connection does not work ... Elite has a lot of issues to fix :cry: )

ugot2laf

Re: Direto XR not calibrating

Postby ugot2laf » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:41 pm

I bought my Direto XR last week and have yet to be able to calibrate on either Zwift or MyETraining. If I attempt to use in ERG mode, it becomes next to impossible to pedal through at watts levels I can ride IRL.

Side note: My trainer is in the garage and connected to a powerbar (along with other devices) that I shut down after use. Assuming the calibration worked, does this remove the values from memory?

Return to “Trainers general discussion”