Elite Direto Power Issues

General discussions on Elite trainers

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

knotuntied

Elite Direto Power Issues

Postby knotuntied » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:44 pm

I bought my Elite Direto last year. I use it in the winters on Zwift. I was recently DQ-ed by zwiftpower for having unrealistic power numbers. I have calibrated the trainer many times, after it was warmed up for 10 minutes. I use the calibration procedure in the myEtraining app to set the offset as it is listed on the tag on the bottom of the trainer.

I recently bought a stages one-sided power meter and did a comparison between the power numbers produced by the Direto and the power numbers produced by the Stages. They are significantly different... 3.1 w/kg versus 3.9 w/kg. The evidence seems to be pointing to the Direto not producing accurate power numbers. Being only one year old I am quite disappointed in this performance.

I have two questions:

1) What can I do to ensure my Direto is producing accurate numbers? It is only one year old and is kept in a dry, temperature controlled room all year long. It is too new to be producing inaccurate numbers.

Some observations to help you answer my question. A big difference between the Stages and the Direto is that when I stop pedaling with the Stages, my power immediately drops to zero. When I stop pedaling with the Direto my power level more gradually decreases. The Stages and the Direto seem to be pretty close to each other except when my power gets up above 500-ish.

Return to “Trainers general discussion”